Week 5 Part B: Facebook Data Collecting

     Since the creation of my PlayGround Facebook page is new, there is hardly any engagement or people reached. I do know that "post reach" and "post engagement" is important because they give indicators of how many people are reaching your website. Say you reached 100 people, but only 20 people engaged with the site. This would show that the page is getting notice, but it doesn't have intriguing enough information to keep people on your page. The information wasn't interesting or relatable enough for people to put in the effort to like the page or leave a comment on a post. This data is helpful because you can see which type of posts draw the most attention in order to see what content to post more of and what to post less of. 

    

    Having people engage with the content on your Facebook is also a great way to bring in even more people. I did not know this, but the textbook explains that if 100 people like your page if reaches about 35,000 people because the average amount of friends a person has on Facebook is 350 people. If said person likes your Facebook business page, ads will reach their friends with the endorsement of said friend. To me, this explains why businesses have such popular Facebook pages. 


    Insights on Facebook can be really beneficial for a business. I remember my marketing professor mentioned all of the specifics about your audience that you could view on your page: demographics, locations of where the likes of the page are coming from, find out what else the target audience likes, and you can make targeted ads to your audience. I personally don't care for Facebook just because my target audience is not a Facebook user, but the depth of the insights is very impressive. With the insights, a business can see which part of their demographic is being reached the most and least. With the other tool of seeing what other pages the viewers like, different types of posts can be made to cater towards the demographics that are not being reached as well. At first, hearing that businesses can see what other pages you like gave me the creeps, but from a marketing standpoint it helps put you into the mind of your market in order to better advertise to the target market. I also discovered that with insights you can see when your audience is online the most, and this could help you discover when the best time to post is to reach the most people possible. 


    With my classmates Facebook pages, I liked every page that was accessible in the business page URL discussion board. I also commented on Purple Tsunami Clothing asking about the type of clothing being sold (business, athletic, casual, etc.). I attempted to comment on the Inglorious Bagels business page, but the only posts were updated cover photos and there wasn't a comment section available. I was able to comment on Dark Sided Strength asking about personal training and fitness classes. The last page that I commented on was Action & Achievement Wellness Systems responding to a post that encouraged me to reply to their post, and I added some personal information on it about anxiety. It was refreshing because I had a rough day and it gave me a little bit of glass half full energy.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

Week1A: My Blog Theme

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing