Week 13 Part B: Developing Online Advertising

 


                For two of my online ads I decided to promote posts that I have already made prior to this exercise. I chose to do this because I've actually seen a lot of start-up businesses doing this to get more traffic on their pages. The formatting seems more casual than creating a whole new ad, and I think this makes a lot of sense for my business since it has a relaxed nature. Both posts are videos/photo montages that briefly describe aspects of the business. The videos aren't so long that a viewer would feel that they wasted their time watching it. When I selected an objective I went for engagement and leads. Even if the videos or my business isn't someone's cup of tea I wanted the goal to be awareness. I think it's important to get your name out there because even if someone may not be interested in my content they may know someone who would be (added bonus if they themselves would enjoy it along with a friend). The other advertisement I went with is the top screenshot. This one utilizes my profile photo on Facebook that I think helps with brand name association. Granted, the photo is a generic picture, but that yellow background makes you think of sunshine and what do you want to do when it's nice and sunny? Play! After people see the bright picture they are prompted with three simple questions that could really help the podcast. Getting feedback from people I essentially want to work for would help determine the best way to run the show and could substantially help the outcome of the podcast. Any type of critique or input would be great. This advertisement is probably my favorite, but I could see it getting the least amount of engagement because it involves effort on someone else's end who may not want to do anything, even if it is just three questions. 

        I think the objective aspect of the ads is there to help Facebook or Instagram figure out the best way to run your ads. As I said, I chose leads and engagement because I felt they work best for my business. I don't need anyone to buy my product or visit my website because I don't have anything to sell nor do I have anything important enough for its own entity. Just gaining some new followers along with likes and comments on my posts would help me to determine what type of content works best for my business. 





 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

Week1A: My Blog Theme

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing