Week 15 Part A: Facebook Business Data

         Since I don't have enough followers to see the Facebook business data I had to do some research into what is included in the data. Now I'm not sure if my research is entirely accurate because I have gotten information from a few different resources. Initially, I found that the Facebook data is pretty similar to some features of Google analytics. It tells you the demographics of the likes and views of your page which I really enjoy as it helps you decide how to better market your product or service towards the most popular demographic. 


        The website Sprout Social wrote a post about how to analyze your data in Facebook analytics where I found out that you can analyze how your competitors are doing. It also gave tips on finding your competitors by finding out who your followers follow. I found this to be a helpful hint. You can also look at how many people your page has reached along with who has engaged with your post. It tells you how many people clicked on your post as well as who has created a story based off of your post. This is helpful because you can know who is helping your company branch out to reach more people. The article mentioned something about Facebook tracking post shares. This seems similar to the tracking of the stories because when someone shares your post it demonstrates that it resonated with said audience, and they're helping your company spread awareness to a bigger audience. 


        I tried to find information on the business tools through Facebook itself, but the information was unclear. All I could find were bullet-pointed lists of features such as pixels, properties, custom conversions, and offline event sets. I honestly don't know what any of this means or how it would help my business. However, I did find that features that were described on Sprout Social would be beneficial. The demographics could be helpful as well as the details on post reach and sharing. I enjoyed the features of Google analytics more, but it may just be because I understood the content more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

Week1A: My Blog Theme

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing